We realize that physicians, like patients, have choices when it comes to healthcare, IMH welcomes all disciplines and will help you transfer your patient in a smooth manner. We make your practice more effective by providing a place to continue healthcare where the service is comprehensive, the nurse-to-patient ratio is advantageous, and all staff receive extensive skill updating.
IMH Quick Facts
- IMH is a Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) in Columbia, SC. We are located on Palmetto Baptist Hospital’s 7th floor.
- We are considered a hospital within a hospital, conveniently located inside Palmetto Baptist Hospital.
- Nurse-to-Patient Ratio of 4-to-1 for ventilator patients and 6-to-1 for other patients.
R. Andrew Donahue
President & CEO
InterMedical Hospital of SC
Three Programs Drive Our Care
- Pulmonary Services, our largest program, includes mechanical ventilator weaning, tracheostomy care, and pulmonary rehabilitation. Medically Complex Services encompass multi-system issues, dialysis and long-term IV antibiotics.
Advanced Wound Care
- Advanced Wound Care includes wound V.A.C. therapy, surgical debridement, and other wound care, as well as specialty beds and specialized equipment
Medically Complex Services
- Medically Complex Services encompass multi-system issues, dialysis and long-term IV antibiotics. Medically Complex Services encompass multi-system issues, dialysis and long-term IV antibiotics.
We are considered a hospital within a hospital. Having privileges at PBMC does not mean you automatically have privileges at IMH. IMH functions as a separate hospital and it isn’t necessary for you to possess privileges at PBMC in order to possess privileges at IMH.
If you have questions regarding privileges, please contact Traci Wainright at (803) 296-3757. You can leave her a voice mail message with your name, POC, office number, and facsimile number, and she will send you the appropriate documentation to complete for temporary or permanent privileges.
IMH Admissions Coordinator
Phone: (803) 296-3757
As an acute care facility, physicians must follow the same rules of care as with a short-term acute care facility. Please understand that “long-term” does not imply sub-acute.
IMH welcomes all disciplines and will help you transfer your patient in a smooth manner. We make your practice easier and more effective by providing a place to continue healthcare where the care is comprehensive, where the nurse-to-patient ratio is advantageous, and where all staff receive extensive skills updating. If you are unable to follow your potential patient to IMH, our medical staff will take responsibility for your patient in the interim and will assist in the medical management of patients in the primary physician’s absence.
You can feel comfortable with IMH, because our Case Management staff will keep you abreast of your patient’s progress and consult you if additional intervention is necessary. For transfer details contact our Nurse Case Managers, Deborah Tolson, at (803) 296-5384, or Freda Armstrong at 803-296-3281.
Freda Armstrong, RN, BSN
Thank you for your consideration and interest in the InterMedical Hospital of South Carolina.